Sunday, January 12, 2014

One Day To Prep For Many

Today, I had a wonderful day with my family. First, we played A LOT. We played school, colored, made a huge train track, played Candy Land... Oh, I can go on. But, somehow, in between all of that, I found some time to meal plan...
Above is our menu for the week. I also made a large crock of lentil soup. I used brown & green lentils, leftover ham, carrots, water, garlic, basil and a splash of... Ready for it? Balsamic. It cooked for 7 hours on low. The longer the better. Before serving, I hit it with the immersion blender to smooth it out a bit. Finished product?


The soup was put aside for lunches for the week. Then, the Italian in me took over and it was time to prepare Sunday dinner. Usually chicken parm would be served with a pound of penne or spaghetti. Instead, we leaned it up. Chicken was butterflied, covered with flour, egg & whole wheat breadcrumbs, then baked at 350 for about 25 minutes. Then, cover with homemade maranara sauce and cheese. Back in oven for 15 more minutes or so. Mine was minus the spaghetti but my little mini cook had some whole wheat spaghetti with hers. 

And.... I am ahead of the game! Lunch is made already for tomorrow. Tomorrow is Day 1 of my Skinny Jean Challenge... Time to set the bar high!! 

Hope you all had a great weekend and have a good week!

That Healthy Mama XOXO


No comments:

Post a Comment